2016 Cheerleading Tryout Information
Varsity Coach: Kayla Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
JV Coach: Kristen Kilheeney email@example.com
Tryout Clinic: April 12th – 13th
Tryout Date: April 14th
Time: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Place: Meet in CFHS Mini Gym
- Participants will learn a dance, cheer, and chant on April 12th and 13th during the clinic days. We will practice jumps, tumbling, and some stunting. Participants will be expected to run 1 mile.
- Participants will tryout in front of judges on April 14th in groups of three. Tryouts will begin at 4:00pm.
- Participants will learn if they made the team on Friday April 15th by checking the cheerleading webpage. We will post the tryout numbers of those that made the team.
What to Wear?
- On practice days wear soffee shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes to participate.
- On Tryout day everyone must wear black soffee shorts, a plain white t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Hair should be secured out of the participants face. No bows will be allowed to be worn.
What will be part of tryouts?
- Dance, Cheer, and Chant (Will be taught on the 12th and 13th)
- Varied jump sequences (Please see Judges’Scoring Rubric)
- 1 Mile Run (There is no time limit)
- Tumbling Skills (strongly encouraged, but not a requirement)
- Participants will be judged each day on S.P.I.R.I.T. (Stunting & Safety, Participation, Inspiration, Responsibility, Initiative, and Teamwork). Participants will be able to earn a maximum of 15 points for stunting ability, and 5 points per day for safety, participation, inspiration, responsibility, initiative, and teamwork. Points will be given by coaches. These points will be added to their judges score to give an overall score.
What do I need to be eligible to Tryout?
- Rising 9th – 12th graders will be eligible for Varsity Spirit/Competition team. Rising 9th-10th graders will be eligible for JV Spirit/Competition team.
- A current Physical on record with CFHS (Physical packets can be located in the front office at your school or printed off the Athletic website.) All new physicals should be completed after April 1st, 2016.
- Parent Permission form signed and turned in by the first day of tryouts
- Participate in all three tryout days
- All fee’s paid and uniform returned from previous season
Important Dates for this Cheer Season:
May 2nd – Parent Meeting for those who make the Varsity squad 6-7 pm
May 3rd – Parent Meeting for those who make the JV Squad 6-7 pm
June 11th – Stunt Clinic (Conway High School) $32
Summer Camp Dates:
Spirit Squad Camp (June 27th– 29th)
Competition Team Camp (June TBD)
Competition Routine Camp (July TBD)
Everyone who makes both JV and Varsity are expected to attend summer camp. Please make arrangements.