2017 Cheerleading Tryout Information
Varsity Coach: Kayla Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
Tryout Clinic: Material is to be learned on your own. Cheer and Dance will be posted to the cfhspanthers.com website.
Tryout Date: November 6th
Time: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Place: Meet in CFHS Mini Gym
- Participants will need to prepare for tryouts by learning the tryout dance and cheer posted on the cheer page on CFHSpanthers.com
- Participants will try out in front of judges on Nov. 6th in groups. A walk through will take place prior to tryouts from 4-4:30. Tryouts will begin at 4:30pm.
- Participants will learn if they made the team on Friday November 10th by checking the cheerleading webpage. The tryout numbers of the individuals that made the team in no particular order will be posted.
What to Wear?
- On Tryout day everyone must wear black soffee shorts, a plain white t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Hair should be secured out of the participants face. No bows will be allowed to be worn.
What will be part of tryouts?
- Dance and Chant (See uploaded video on cfhspanthers.com website)
- 15 seconds of Spiriting
- A prepared jump sequence (Please see Judges’ Scoring Rubric)
- Tumbling Skills (strongly encouraged, but not a requirement)
What do I need to be eligible to Tryout?
- A 9th – 12th graders will be eligible for Varsity Spirit/Competition team.
- A current Physical on record with CFHS (Physical packets can be located in the front office at your school or printed off the Athletic website.) All new physicals should be completed after April 1st, 2017 and be uploaded to PlanetHS.com.
- Parent Permission/Application for Tryouts form signed and turned in by the tryout day Nov. 6th.
- All fee’s paid and uniform returned from previous season.
Important Dates for this Cheer Season:
Parent Meeting – November 13th 6:30 pm
First Practice – TBA
First Basketball Game – November 28th